When Bruno Sleep
got in touch i was really excited to hear from another brand who's standards and ethics are in line with mine: they use sustainable and natural materials which are organically harvested to then be sewn and hand assembled in Germany. They're a German brand branching out to the UK and want to spread awareness for their high quality product. The founders story is an interesting one: Felix and Andreas met in 2012 at a startup company, long work nights and the high stress of a fast paced job left them and other colleagues suffering from poor sleep. This led them to discover the answer; most people were having problems staying asleep at night due to their mattresses, so they began their research to create the perfect mattress. Based on German manufacturing they didn't make any shortcuts, combining sustainable premium materials for the ultimate sleep experience. This brand goes above and beyond to provide quality and comfort so i'm happy to be collaborating with them.
The last time we purchased a mattress we went for a really cheap option online, thinking we were getting a great deal but turns out it wasn't the right size and there's always been a dip in the middle which as you can imagine leaves for a very uncomfortable sleep sometimes! Bruno really take pride in their product, the extensive information on the website shows that you're really getting value for money. I also love that they're delivered in boxes rather than plastic which is of course a great environmental factor, making it easier to shift around the home but also saving on storage and delivery space. Speaking of: Bruno offer free UK delivery which i'm yet to come across, giving Bruno another huge tick from me!
With Bruno Interiors
being at the forefront of my mind, I started to think about how important a bed is. To us as a family it's not just a piece of furniture, it's part of the family: it's a place of comfort, rest and play. Going back to when Corben was just a baby, i would use the bed to change him, swaddle him, massage him, cuddle him, feed him, comfort him and co-sleep. It's clear that a mattress goes through a lot if you have a young family, Bruno make it even easier to keep it clean, with a removable cover which can be flung in the washing machine and ensure that it's a clean and comforting place to sleep.
Now that he's older we still get those rare occasions (when he's not using it as a trampoline or a tent), to cuddle, tickle and play. It's the first place i go to for tranquility and self-care, i even described how it's used when re-creating a spa at home.
But most importantly, a bed is a place of comfort and sleep. Sometimes it's not always easy to get a good night's rest, especially in the summer heat it's a battle tossing and turning and if you get the occasional anxiety like me (you may want to read how i calm my stress and anxiety here
) it may take you some time to completely switch off. So i'd like to share with you some methods i use to ensure i sleep well:
- Chamomile tea - invest in some potent tea with real chamomile flowers, let it brew for a few minutes, i always add honey to taste and drink up to an hour before going to bed.
- Lavender spray - i find anything with lavender extremely calming, having lavender placed near the pillow (or even underneath) will help your mind unwind. i like using a lavender room spray, not only does it smell amazing spritz throughout the bedroom but sprayed onto the pillows is a more subtle way to take advantage of it's benefits.
- Switch off - we're in an age where we're all glued to our mobile devices (especially if you're a blogger like me), any stimulation and especially bright lights from a mobile and television will keep the brain active and stop it from going into 'snooze' mode. I always find when i turn the internet off before bed and leave my phone on charge on the other side of the room there's no temptation and my mind starts to relax and switch off. Perhaps you should challenge yourself to a no tech rule in the bedroom, or switch off after 9pm. Not only will your relationship improve but you'll sleep much better and feel better for not being glued to your phone!
- Dim lighting - it's proven that harsh bright lights at night can cause headaches and confuse the brain, our bodies naturally know when to start turning off but this is disrupted when you're surrounded by bright lights in the evening. We're quite an efficient family and never tend to leave the ceiling lights on and only use lamps which are much dimmer and definitely puts me on snooze mood.
- Read a book - so this one seems quite contradictory but someone told me when i was younger to read a book to help me fall asleep and i can say it works every time. There's something about escaping into a book at night time in bed that just puts my lights out. I probably shouldn't recommend as reading a book in dim lighting isn't good for the eyes but it's always worth a try!
And of course the Bruno Mattress
would ensure you have the most comfortable sleep with it's ergonomic design and 7-zone support to relieve pressure while also promoting a healthier spinal alignment. Bruno uses high density foam and natural latex which they believe is the secret to a mattress that's not too soft or hard but providing the right support.
After reading through the amazing feedback and five star reviews of this mattress i can't say i'm not tempted. I really think having a good nights sleep determines the rest of your day and as a mum constantly waking in the night to tend to a toddler's needs at least i won't have to battle with a mattress that doesn't deliver on comfort! What do you think? Doesn't the Bruno Mattress sound dreamy? If you're not sure, there's a 30 day trial to help you make your mind up: 'Sleep on it. Choosing your bedfellow is a big decision and that’s why we give you 30 nights to test your Bruno Mattress.'
Now i don't know about you but i can't wait for it to be bedtime!
|*This was a sponsored post by Bruno|
Labels: bed, mattress, sleep, sponsored post