so you may have heard of beauty uses for coconut oil (which i pretty much bathe myself in i LOVE it) but you can also harness the power of another well known plant.. known by Cleopatra herself. yes it's ALOE VERA, the benefits of this have been known for centuries but i'm just discovering some pretty cool uses for it in my beauty routines. aloe is a pretty cool plant, when you snap a leaf in half you'll find a clear gel which can be found in many lotions and potions and is known to be very soothing on the skin. the magical thing about it is that it can penetrate the skin to the dermis layer which makes it a super effective ingredient in skincare and beauty.
i only use pure organic aloe which isn't available on the market, so here are MY personal favourite ways to use it:
- squeeze a blob into your mascara tube when its near the end of it's life, this extends the use of the mascara and also condition the lashes, which can encourage them to grow.
- rub a small amount into cuticles to encourage growth, massaging the nail bed will help encourage them to grow
- massage into the scalp to encourage hair growth
- soothes wisdom teeth, i wouldn't recommend consuming aloe unless it's PURE and ORGANIC, the gel i use is pretty much as close to cutting open the plant so it is safe to consume and has really saved my poor gums when wisdom teeth strike!
- helps improve the appearance of stretch marks and scaring - as aloe can travel to the dermis layer of the skin it's really effective to heal the skin from underneath while helping to improve any new scars or stretch marks
- takes the sting off after waxing, #girlproblems.. we all know that sting after a bikini wax, as aloe soothes it really helps take the sting off
- heals burns from heat stylers - the amount of times my poor ears have received a burn from my straighteners is shocking! when i did some hair modelling over the summer, the stylists i worked with were very impressed with the soothing effect of the aloe on their burns from styling, a hairdressers best friend
- a great spot zapper! aloe is naturally anti-septic, i always put a small fingernail size onto a spot before bed and it really reduces the size.. mix with a bit of tea tree and you've got the best spot zapper ever!
- it's a key ingredient in many of my DIY hair masks, i like how it makes my hair feel super soft and manageable
- also a key ingredient in DIY face masks too, as mentioned above the aloe travels layers deep into the skin, so any lovely natural ingredients it's paired with will be taken down with it.. magic!
those are my favourite beauty uses but i'm sure there are lots more, i use the gelly for pretty much anything in my household, along with coconut oil. it's replaced everything in my medicine cabinet. have you used aloe gelly before? what you be interested in trying a sample of this pure aloe gelly then i'd be happy to send you one in the post for free! or you can shop online
Labels: aloe, aloe gelly, aloe vera, beauty, beauty bloggers, beauty routine, when life gives you aloe